We know all Hunting.com.au members have a preference and we want to share it with the rest of our Aussie hunters.
To help out newbies entering the land of deer hunting we want to share with them the experienced views of other members.
What Is The Best Calibre For Hunting Red Deer In Australia??
- Please vote in the poll below, selecting your favourite calibre
- In the comments box below the poll tell us more about what you think
Your opinion MATTERS, help a new hunter make the right choice & save possibly thousands on the wrong rifle or calibre selection!
[wpdevart_poll id=”1″ theme=”1″]
Did You Know – Red Deer In Australia
- First introduced into Australia in the mid 19th century, imported from English game parks.
- A social beast that lives in herds dominated by a single female.
- Being ungulates, they can carry various diseases, in New Zealand deer are a reservoir of bovine tuberculosis.
- In Australia deer cause damage to crops, fences and other infrastructure, as well as compete with livestock for feed on private properties.
- Red Deer can be hunted in Australia using a minimum .270 calibre rifle with a minimum projectile weight of 130 grains.